Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Young Man Loves His Mom


I picked Andrew up from work last week and once he gets in the van he pulls out this lovely Begonia Flower. Oh my heart just took off and flew.

Andrew was never a cuddly baby, he never liked to be held and loved on. As he grew older he would avoid hugs and kisses for as long as he could. Many times "I love you Andrew" met with silence. Those days were very hard for me.

So, I just kept on loving him, hugging on him even when he didn't hug back, Praying for him and just being Mom.

Then, several years ago, the Lord began to do a work in Andrew's life. (actually, God had been working before it just wasn't obvious). We saw Andrew begin to take the faith of us and make it his own. He began to read his Bible because he wanted to not because we made him, He began asking the hard questions about what it means to be a follower of Christ. When all these inward changes began to take place the outward results were amazing to watch.

Andrew began to show love towards his sisters by putting them first and spending time with them. He began to "talk" more. He shared his faith and the things he was learning. He became passionate about what he believed about our Jesus. He responded to hugs and the words" I love you" became easier for him to say and he meant them.

When I reflect on Andrew's journey ...from little boy to young man. I stand amazed.. Amazed at this awesome young man who is going to change the world for his Lord, a young man who will be a great husband and father one day, a loyal friend, a young man who loves his family. Andrew is fun and makes us laugh. And I am proud that he is my son. I look forward to Andrew's future:)

I also stand amazed at the faithfulness of God. He stood right there with us through raising Andrew. He gave us this wonderful young man to raise as a warrior for Him. And His Words have rang true.


"Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. We will not conceal them from their children, But tell to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, And His strength and His wondrous works that He has done. For He established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should teach them to their children, That the generation to come might know, even the children yet to be born, That they may arise and tell them to their children, That they should put their confidence in God and not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments." Psalm 78:3-7


"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the mater for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11


So while the flower continues through its life cycles in my kitchen window, each time I look at it I will be reminded of the sweet young man who in his own special way said" I love you, Mom" and made my heart glad.


3 comments:

usafinks said...

oh boy... boys loving on their mom: always bring tears!

boys loving the Lord, make me BAWL!

thanks for sharing...it made my day :)

love ya... we are so glad to call you friends!!!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful post Tarita! Thank you for sharing. I agree with Rosette... there's something special about a little boy's love for his mamma.. no matter his age!

The Hudson Family said...

What an absolutely beautiful post Tarita! He is a fine young man! Kleenex please..........