Thursday, December 11, 2008

Somethings Missing!









Well, the beautiful season is upon us! Christmas is our favorite holiday. The weekend after Thanksgiving we began to put up the Christmas decorations. After moving and renting homes over the past 24 years we now own our home. Again this year we are using all our old decorations thinking through how we want our home to look over the upcoming years. This year I will be hitting the sales picking up pieces that fit with this home and the way I envision Christmas looking.
We put up the tree, the girls and I hung the lights and ornaments. After we had done that, Shoshannah got down on the floor, peered under the tree and said" Somethings missing!". I asked what? Her reply."PRESENTS" Now this comes from a little girl who for the first time , saw Santa in the mall (from a distances) and the girls told her Santa brings presents. So now she is trying to figure that out.

A few days later we started watching Rudolph. She turned to me and said Mommy turn it off, I don't like talking reindeer! She knows reindeer are not supposed to talk. She keeps us laughing.

This year we are trying to be faithful in participating in Advent. We are using a book called, Jotham's Journey. We are enjoying the story and hearing again the Scriptures that point us to why Christ came to us. We have very little talk of Santa in our house and try to keep the focus on God's love for us and His wonderful gift of His Son, Christ. We are a blessed people. WE have a Savior who just keeps giving Himself to us everyday. How Awesome it that!

I will close with a few pictures. We still have some tree work to do and when it is finished I will post more. The first two pictures were taken at the Botanical Gardens light show.
I pray for each of you this season lots of love and peace.








5 comments:

Butler Family Member said...

I love the Christmas music!!! It really touched me in the middle of a chaotic afternoon! Thanks!

Kristin said...

Love the pictures! Very sweet.

And what a smart girl wondering about having no presents and knowing reindeer don't talk!

usafinks said...

First: I LOVE your little pagoda Christmas ornament!!!

Second: is that your neighborhood lights??? beautiful!

Third: isn't is wonderful how the little girls are so excited this year? so much fun...Shoshannah totally cracked me up with the reindeer comment. lol... is she always so matter of fact? too cute!

dandsratz said...

Hey Tarita!! I haven't caught up w/ you in forever!!! Just wanted to send you all of my love, and the Merriest of Christmas wishes!!!! :) Perhaps after the business of the holidays we can grab that cup of coffee we've been talking about! :) Love ya!

Jim and Juleen said...

Juleen told me the other day that Marie wanted mommy to go with her to her room to put away her shoes. Why? Santa might be there. In the song, he see's you when you're sleeping...

I thought it was a pretty funny leap.

With the fantastic pictuers you guys post, I was thinking of you guys a few nights back. I was walking the dog at night, and there was a full moon. The moonlight on freshly fallen snow and snow draped trees was beautiful. I was thinking that you guys could have taken some fantastic pictures!

Jim