Monday, February 9, 2009

Not so nice ending to a Beautiful Day


As I left you hanging on the last blog..We had a wonderful Tea and then one of Danielle's friends came to spend the night. The girls played and laughed the day away. Having a wonderful time. Then I told them it was time to clean up. A little later we heard a small crash above our heads but we had been hearing them all day. Then Danielle comes down the stairs, very pale, eyes teary and holding her right hand. They had been playing tug of war when the friend lost her grip and Danielle went flying, landing back on her outstretched hand. We put ice on it wrapped it, gave her some Tylenol and sent her to bed. (we have been through this before and being a mom of 5 I tend not to panic). But in my heart I knew it was broken. She slept through the night and on Sunday she still had pain and could not use it. So off to the ER we went. After a 4 hour stay she came home in a cast. Danielle broke her radius and possibly the ulna.

We have always said that Danielle is our butterfly because she just floats through life. We just wish she could float and not fall and break bones. This is now broken bones 4 and 5 for her. One week without dance and she can start back this week. Maybe tomorrow she will get to have the cast cut down to below the elbow. She has not had much pain and we are thankful for that.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh poor Danielle! What a terrible ending to a wonderful day. We've been there too but it's still "not a fun time".

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Lisa said...

Oh poor little thing! And on her birthday celebration day! I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse.. and wow, that's some cast! I'm sooo sorry she went through this... Get better soon Danielle!!

usafinks said...

it's nice to see Danielle smiling! even bandaged up, she is still a beauty ;)

get well soon...

Eric said...

Oh NO! I hadn't looked at the blog all week, and then screamed when I saw this! The kids all rushed to read what happened. So sorry, Danielle! I hope your bones heal fast. I am thankful you can still dance. I broke both my ulna and radius when I was 5, and I still remember the pain. I am glad mom knows what to do and how to take such great care of you.

The Bracketts