Friday, February 6, 2009

Tea Party for the Ladies










Danielle's birthday falls right in the middle of the Christmas Holidays. This year she wanted to invite a few friends and go to a tea house for Tea. Now please keep in mind Danielle does not like tea. But she wanted to experience a TEA. So on Saturday, January 31st, Danielle, a couple of her dearest friends, Arielle and I went to tea at With Flair Tea House. This place is a hidden gem of Chesapeake. Pam Fogle, the owner has converted a small older home into a charming tea house. When we arrived we were seated at a table with the china tea cups, crystal water goblets, glass plates and linen napkins. Pam brought out the tea menu and we each chose our own tea. Three of the girls chose Wild Raspberry, Danielle chose a lemon blossom, and I had Pomegranate Raspberry. We were each served our tea in individual silver tea pots and sugar cubes were plentiful, which is good. I am a southern girl and I like all my tea sweet. Then Pam brought out serving trays piled with wonderful food. Because we had reserved the Royal Tea, we had finger foods. Tiny sandwiches, and desserts. I will try to name a few; Chicken Salad on Croissants ( this was fabulous), Pimento Cheese on Wheat bread, Quiche, Virginia Ham on Yeast Rolls, Cucumber sandwiches, stuffed grape tomatoes, lemon bars, Raspberry Scones that were DIVINE, and two other desserts that were rich and sweet. It was a fun time and I know that Danielle loved her experience. I am thinking I am going to set up a luncheon there with some of my girl pals. I could go back and just enjoy trying each of the teas. Hey what a great idea! The day was a success. The night did not end well but that is another blog.










3 comments:

Kristin said...

What a fun girl day!!! And a great way to spend her birthday-----a little bit late. :-)

Lisa said...

Oh how fun! Glad everyone enjoyed a nice "girl" day out! Everything looks yummy and I bet the tea was awesome!!

usafinks said...

I've only been a true southern tea house a couple of times and had a great time!

The pictures are great and really capture the tea experience! I am glad you girls had a great girls day out...in true girl fashion :)