Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New School Year 2008







The official start of the academic year has begun in the Bacon Household. I say academic as we believe every day is a day of learning. And school is about learning how to run a household, take care of younger children, cook, clean etc. In our house it is also learning how to nurture relationships with those around you.

We are so blessed to be starting our 18th year of homeschooling. Our thanks goes to the Lord, He called us to this journey. I love being able to be with my children on a daily basis. Thank you, Craig for being such a wonderful provider and encourager. Couldn't do this without you!:)

This year starts with Craig Ellis and Gina in college at Columbia International University. They are still in the beautiful honeymoon stage of life. Both are working and attending classes part time.

Andrew is officially a freshman at Tidewater Community College. I know he is taking computer classes but I can't tell you the names. (trying to let go) He desires to work in the computer field. He is also working part time at Food Lion.

Arielle, is a freshman in high school. WOW that is hard to believe. She is taking.. Algebra 1, Biology, Language 9, World Geography and reading Hamlet at this time. Also starting her 5th year of piano. She will also be acting in our Children's Ministry dramas and working on the tech team. She hopes to learn to sew this year.

Danielle is in the 6th grade. She is taking... Arithmetic 6, Astronomy, Learning Language Arts through Literature, New World History/Geography. She starts her 5th year of dance. She will be helping to lead worship on our Children's Ministry Praise Team.

Shoshannah..well, she wants to "do school" so we are playing around with letters, nothing serious. She can almost verbally spell, Shoshannah. We will see how the year progresses with her:) I may need lots of encouragement to continuing homeschooling her:) God will be working lots on me....

I will post a few pictures taken so far

2 comments:

Gina Marie Perpetua said...

Such beautiful and erudite sisters!

Arielle sounds like she has quite a load in front of her, and it all sounds really interesting. I requested some children's sewing books from a library, and will be using those to teach myself some basic stitches (I figured if it's geared towards children I'll have an easier time with the directions).

And I'd love to be learning dance and astronomy like Danielle. My education just brushed by the latter, and since I wasn't particularly coordinated no one ever taught me the former.

But it sounds like it will be fun and a lot of hard work. May God give you stamina as you care for their needs. And don't forget to get some rest for yourself. :-)

~Your Other Daughter

usafinks said...

oh, back in the groove! with added preschool spice :)

Shoshannah: We love getting new crayons!!
and Annalee had affectionatly renamed you My-Shannah in her prayers

Danielle and Arielle: best wishes for a successful school year!!